Interview tips and Interview Etiquettes
Do you possess the look of a professional? Do you look incredibly smart? Are you confident enough to take charge and get the job that you applying for?
Consider the fact that your resume is quite impressive and the employer can’t resist to have the audacity to ask you to come for an interview. But after the all the preparations, your final problem will surely comes up right after you realize and ask yourself ” what should I wear?” These things are actually important for the job hunters, people tend to have a systemic problem nowadays regarding what they should wear on a job interview. Honestly I’m wired toward automatically seeing the person in these kind of situations because I also had the same experienced when I was hunting for a right job. However many take these for granted, with the eloquence of having an “impressive resume” they forgot that applicants will not only be examined based on the job experience and personality but also with how they present themselves professionally.
The top 20 tips in dressing for an interview
1. Research if the company or your potential employer have a specific dress code.
2. If your planning to buy new clothes, get good advice from sales persons.
3. Have the clothes altered to fit and accent your features.
4. Select an outfit that you have worn before and are comfortable wearing
5. Your hair should be clean and neat.
6. Do not wear a strong perfume or cologne, scent must be low key or absent.
7. Cover any tattoo and limit pierced jewelry to ears only.
8. For men – Wear a suit or sports jacket that is color coordinated with your trousers.
9. For men – You should have clothes in Neutral or dark colors such as blue, black or gray.
10. For men – Wear a conservative and low key tie. Avoid ties with flashy patterns.
11. For men – Keep your sneakers away. A clean, polished black leather shoes is highly recommended.
12. For men – Don’t forget to trim and clean your nails.
13. For men – White socks are definitely NO! Use dark socks.
14. For men – Use dark suit and light colored shirt.
15. For women – Wear a classic suit or simple dress paired with a jacket.
16. For women – The appropriate colors are navy blue, black, dark green, dark red, burgundy or gray.
17. For women – Don’t be too provocative or sexy.
18. For women – Trim your fingernails and use a polish that complements your clothes and would not distract the interviewer.
19. For women – Choose a moderate shoes which is clean and with heels that makes you comfortable.
20. For women – Use a tan or light hosiery
Top 10 Interview Questions
1. Can you tell us why are you choosing this company ? and why do you want to work for us?
2. Can you explain a situation where you didn’t meet your goals or objectives ?
3. Explain a situation where you faced conflict or difficult communication problem?
4. If you current manager has to tell about your strengths and weaknesses what would be your strengths and weaknesses?
5. Where do you see yourself in 1/3/ 5 years time?
6. Can you justify yourself why should we give you this job?
7. Tell us a situation you have faced with a huge challenge or worked to an unreasonable deadline?
8. Do you prefer working your own or in a team?
9. If you were to start working with our company what is the first thing you would change?
10. Have you ever had a conflict with a professor or with your family members? How was it resolved?